Thursday, February 13, 2003

This is just getting silly

Over at Pedantry, Scott Marten has a nice breakdown of some of the very peculiar discrepancies in the reporting of the missle that would have us go to war immediately, without question, against Iraq.

I should point out again, I'm not questioning this kind of thing out of mere blindness or an unwillingness to support a war. To be perfectly honest, there's nothing I'd love more than be convinced by either side's argument, war or no war; barring that, give me a reasonable debate -- which, incidentally, ain't really happening here in rabidly anti-war Britain either. In the end, neither side, of the debate and of the Atlantic Ocean, is talking much about war, but about its caricature. I agree with the disturbing thought I've read a few times in the past few days: if you're not deeply troubled by the position you've taken on this war, you're either not human or you're not thinking.