Thursday, January 30, 2003

All things Europe this morning

One simply cannot get enough of Belgium -- whew, I tell ya. Just when you think the nuttiness has crested, WHOOSH, it crashes right over you again. Don't believe me? Well, via a really old post by Vaara (hey, I just started my blog a couple of weeks ago, lay off), we find Lyle Zapato's thought-provoking piece, BELGIUM DOESN'T EXIST!; or, Land of Sprouts and Chocolate, I Think Not. Be afraid . . . if it can happen here, it can happen anywhere. If we don't stop the madness now, the next thing we know there's going to be a "Republic of Ireland!" How silly of me.

Also worthy of note on Zapato's site, by the way, as it brings to mind my primary European home, Glasgow, is the very important, though its truly criminal that I haven't yet found a similar Kids Club for Maxwell and his Demon, Kelvin's Kids Club: For Thermo-Dynamic Kids.

Hi Kids! My name is Kelvin and I'm your Lord! I'm here to tell you that Entropy isn't cool... well, technically it is, but not in the good way! If you worship Me, I can conserve you from that mean, old Entropy. Plus, it's fun to worship Me! To see how fun, take a look at the Fun-Time Kelvinic activities below!

Click, learn, and, most important of all, always remember, perhaps even being so bold as to wear a bracelet or t-shirt to remind yourself, WWKD (What Would Kelvin Do?).