Wednesday, April 02, 2003

The Madness Is Almost Over

Blogger was acting loopy all day yesterday, hence the blogging silence. Today's silence is a product of just being plain busy. In the midst of all this, I nearly forgot to post Silentio's NCAA update! Heaven forbid, I know! Thanks to Crak over at Aquadoodiloop for putting the heat on me to get this thing posted. Here goes, basketball fans

* * * * * * *

With the clamor that my absence made on this site, as soon as I got access back to the internet I realized that I must update the masses of what happened in college baskeball's crown jewel. [ed. To add a bit of contex to this, our beat reporter had some problems with money and automobiles over the weekend. Nothing to worry about, he tells me, but it explains in part why he didn't have internet access.] And the answer: Bob Knight is taking the Red Raiders [ed. Translation: The Red Raiders of Texas Tech University] to MSG [ed. Translation: Madison Square Garden.] to win the NIT. As for the NCAA tournament, well I worked through all four days. Technically Friday night I was arguing away from the house, but laborous it was. [ed. Oh yeah, I forgot, he also told me he had some some domestic troubles. Doesn't it suck when life makes diversions like sports take a back seat?] Sorry to say, all I got was postgame recaps, no real observations except for the one game I did see: Duke-Kansas.

Kansas won, because Duke lets a freshman continue to take horrible shots. That don't happen in Lubbock. [ed. Translation: Home of Texas Tech University.] Go Red Raiders! [ed. We do love our stream-of-conscious non sequiturs here, don't we?]

What else happens: the two teams I liked, UK and Oklahoma, both fall in the Elite 8. Disappointing. But Lute Olson crashed and burned. Excellent. Bill Walton's seed is finally gone. [ed. Ooooo, can you feel the oozing masculinity of his short, terse prose. I knew that one day Silentio's content would justify my categorizing it as 'Erotica' on Eatonweb -- try to Google 'Silentio' and 'Erotica' sometime if you don't believe me.] Reality #`1: a possibly very disappointing Final Four consisting of Marquette (Conference USA) facing Kansas (Big 12) and Texas (Big 12) vs. Syracuse (Big East). If Kansas faces Syracuse, I expect a national title game that goes on forever as neither Roy Williams or Jim Boheim have the ability to win the big game. [ed. Hee.] Reality #2: I will not be watching if it is Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk vs. "Brent, nobody stopped the Clock." [ed. A cultural reference that I guess refers to Syracuse. If anybody knows, clue me in.]

So my analysis of the Final Four. I join Pat in not caring. Marquette or Texas -- Jesus not likely to return. Syracuse or Kansas -- "It's the end of the world as we know it," only I won't feel fine. There'll be a recap from N'orleans if Brad sends me for on-site reports. Since that ain't happening, expect one only if I get really bored next week.