Thursday, September 18, 2003

With Apologies to My Friend and Colleague . . .

Hey, all you interdisciplinary types out there with a sympathetic side towards religion, take notice. I'm not entirely sure what my role in this conference is. At one point, I was a co-chair; but at another point, more like a series of consecutive points, I kind of neglected to do anything for it. Indeed, this trend held through for most of this year, which has more or less been lost in the neo-alcoholic haze that is student-loan-funded life in Brussels. All the same, with or without my administrative contribution, the oblique biblical reference on the main page notwithstanding, this looks like it could be halfway interesting -- in the not-at-all practical way most people would invest in the term 'interesting'. The other half of it, well, looks like yet another academic circle-jerk. (Look for the DVD at your local Hustler shop next spring. If I have anything to say about it, the special features will be killer!)