Thursday, September 18, 2003

A Slacker

Two posts with actual links in one day, that ain't bad, is it?

Man oh man, I've really been a slacker when it comes to blogging lately, haven't I?. I was on the verge of making up an excuse like 'pity poor me, I've been busy', but, let's face it, just about anybody who reads this blog, regularly or just in passing (esp. you, the one who has hit my site twice in two days in search of 'tennis hotties'), is working harder at that very moment than I do on a typical day. This is all the more true since I've returned to America. With the exception of a couple of mornings and evenings, I've been stripped of any inspiration at all (let alone the usual sense of abject resignation to type something . . . anything) to regale you with my wit and raucous good-naturedness.

And yet, strangely enough, lo and behold my time here in these United States of America is nearly at its end and I actually feel rejuvinated. It's not quite been forty days days in this here desert, but I think I'm on the verge of coming out a better, more bitter man.

In other words, Silentio, dear, leave the light on and have dinner ready -- papa's nearly home (i.e., strap in, strap on, and stay tuned!).