Thursday, March 27, 2003

Honestly, I really expected to get more blogging done this week than I have. But, alas, Katrien's had dibs on the computer, due to a huge project she and I are carting back to Brussels tomorrow afternoon. It would appear, as of two o' clock Friday morning, it is finished -- I'm finally burning it onto a CD anyway. Anyway, hence the silence as of late. Not that there's a whole helluva lot to blog about, though. If it's not war coverage on the television, it's really bad movies like Forces of Nature (Good God... I have better chemistry with girlfriends who never talk to me anymore than Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock!); sad to say, I willingly opted for the latter last night.

As you undoubtedly know by now, the war rhetoric has switched to a "Dig in, boys, this could take a while"-mode. Good thing Bush and Blair keep reminding me of this war's moral necessity, otherwise I'd start worrying about the strain felt by America's military reserves. Oh well

Outside of that, I've been living the high life in rural Belgium: reading Friedrich Schlegel, watching the local soccer club get destroyed by another not-so-local soccer club. Good times. I'll be sure to find a couple of adventures in my train travels tomorrow so I'll have something interesting to say before the weekend.