Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

K. and I finally saw Hotel Rwanda tonight. I'm not ashamed to say, I wept like a little bitch. People were walking out talking about bravery and courage and hope, though I think they must've been watching a different movie. Because I saw a movie about hatred, destruction, and worldwide apathy -- I saw me watching the news while munching away on cookies, and changing the channel to something 'less depressing' -- I saw a movie about saving anything you can get your hands on, and expecting nothing else -- I saw nothing less than the debilitated struggle survival in the face of the insane circuit of war and economics -- I saw time ticking away, resources depleting, hatred growing -- I saw me again pissing away what time and resources I have available -- I saw the future sinking into the present into the past.